This is a 5-ALARM ALERT! Coming to a school near you!
School Board Members of the largest school district in Delaware, Red Clay district in New Castle County, are set to vote THIS Wednesday, December 15th on a policy that completely removes all distinctions between boys and girls, making all bathrooms, locker rooms, sports, overnight trips - all of it - gender neutral.
This policy completely erases the line between male and female private spaces.
This outrageous policy sets up parents as the enemy if they dare oppose it. It divides children and parents and fails to recognize the unique role parents have of being the best support for their child.
Send in your comment before December 15th to MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD and protect our girls!
Use one or more of the points below in your comments to the Committee.
1) Write a unique subject line in the correct field below.
2) Be direct, firm, and professional. Disrespect is ineffective.
3) Use one or more of the points below.
4) If you do not live in the Red Clay School District, include this in your comment to the Committee:
"The decision of the Red Clay School Board on this issue will impact the entire state, which is why I’m asking you to vote NO on Policy 8005."
5) If you get a response, please share it with us at email@example.com.
In Your Comment to the Red Clay School District's Board Policy Review Committee, Use One or More of These Points:
* Please vote no on Board Policy 8005. According to HB 224 signed into law this September, gender identity doesn't need to be "a consistent and uniform assertion" and can mean literally anything. This means that under this proposed policy, a biological male can have access to female-only private spaces, simply on his word that he identifies as a female. This is the perfect environment for sexual assaults like what happened in Loudoun County, Virginia.
* Sections H & I of the proposed Board Policy 8005 put girls at a significant disadvantage in sports, robbing them of opportunities to excel and compete fairly with their peers of the same sex. Please do not vote for this policy.
* As a parent, I am very concerned about the proposed Board Policy 8005. Sections A, B & D would allow the school board to withhold information from me about my child that I have a right to know about. I as the parent have the right to be able to care for my children, walk them through their struggles, and help them make the decisions that are best for them. This policy frames me as the “enemy” instead of recognizing that I have the unique role of being the best support for my child. Please do not vote for this policy.
* Please vote no on this proposed Board Policy 8005. Gender identity in Delaware is fluid -- it can mean anything. A policy like this that eliminates all distinctions between male and female private spaces is a policy that puts children, especially girls, in severe danger. Policies like this are what allowed a male student to commit sexual assault twice in Loudoun County, Virginia.
1. Type a simple, unique subject line
2. Type your message below.Please be respectful in your comments. Disrespect is ineffective and counter-productive.
Dear Board Policy Review Committee of Red Clay School District,
Enter Your Information and Press Send
Your cell phone will not be shared. it is specifically used to alert you when urgent action is needed on a parental rights issue in Delaware.
The information collected for this petition will be be used for the sole purpose of delivering your message to the Red Clay School District Board Policy Review Committee, and to keep you updated on the progress of this specific issue. Your information will never be rented, sold, or used for spam. When submitting this form, you agree to receive occasional email and/or text updates on this issue. You will receive a verification email upon submission of your petition comment.
3 Step Guidelines
Using the form provided below:
1. Type a unique subject line.
2. Ask the Legislators to Please Vote "YES" to let HB52, the "The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act," and HB53, "The Woman's Right to Know Act" OUT OF COMMITTEE.
3. To be effective in your comments, please be respectful and express any of the following examplesin your own words:
These bills are reasonable and do not affect a woman's right to choose. They deserve to be released from the Committee. Please vote YES to release HB 52 and HB 53.
The scientifically-measurable and observable 4D ultrasound provides a visual tool of the pain an unborn child 20 weeks post-fertilization is able to feel.
The abortion procedure is violent and inhumane, and requires that a baby be pulled apart limb by limb using forceps with sharp teeth at the ends. Please acknowledge the humanity of fully formed 20 week unborn babies and protect them from the brutal pain of abortion.
An ultrasound is already performed to determine the size of a baby before an abortion and to determine the critical diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy which can be fatal if undiagnosed. It is in the best interest of a woman, a child, and the state, to offer the option to a woman to see the ultrasound before an abortion.
The state of Delaware must protect a woman's right to know and make informed decisions regarding her health and wellbeing.
RELEASE THE BILLS!
NOTE: Please refer to the issue blog for more information.